Rigid By Design
MEEHANITE casting is used on all major components for its excellent vibration dampening characteristic. Machine structure is designed in CATIA CAD and optimized using FEA (Finite Element Analysis). Having the right structure leads to higher rigidity, better machining performance and extended machine life.
Heavy-duty linear guideways
- X, Y, Z-axes ball linear guideways
- Guide rails are precision ground
- Ball track zones are hardened
- Four guide blocks on each axis
C3 precision class ballscrews
- All linear axes feature large diameter ballscrews that have been preloaded to increase rigidity.
- Ballscrew is directly coupled to motor to reduce vibration.
- Design reduces friction and thermal growth to maintain cutting accuracy.
10,000 Rpm Spindle
The high speed spindle is a true cartridge type unit supported by P4 precision class high speed bearings which are permanently grease lubricated to eliminate heat buildup. The spindle is driven by a high torque FANUC spindle motor. Power is transferred through a heavy duty cogged drive belt eliminating slippage, promoting thermal sta- bility and minimizing vibration.
- Arm type 24 Tools
- Tool-to-tool time 2.5 sec.
Spindle Oil Cooler
The spindle coolant system refrigerates and circulates cooling oil to maintain a constant temperature for high accuracy across different cutting conditions and ambient temperature.